- Allentown Parking Authority
- Contact Name
- Ms. Tamara Dolan, Executive Director
- Timothy Haahs and Associates, Inc.
- Wardle Engineering
- Agency Construction Management
- Final Cost
- CM Services Start Date
- October 2013
- Project Completion Date
- February 2014
In the fall of 2013, the Allentown Parking Authority (APA) engaged Timothy Haahs and Associates, Inc. and Boyle Construction to analyze its existing parking structures and lots and prepare a Feasibility Study to recommend their mainte-nance and improvements. The APA owns and operates six downtown Allentown parking garages, which provide approximately 3,600 parking spaces, and operates and/or leases 30 surface lots, which provide another 1,330 parking spaces.
The Team evaluated these APA parking facilities:
- Allentown Transportation Center Deck (6th & Linden Streets)
- State Lot (6th Street)
- Community Lot (6th Street)
- Germania Lot (7th Street)
- Fountain & Walnut Lot (Fountain & Walnut Streets)
- Walnut Deck (9th & Walnut Streets)
- Government Deck (4th & Hamilton Streets)
- Hess Spiral Deck (Linden Street)
- Sacred Heart Deck (Chew Street)
- Miscellaneous Lots (Various Locations)
Each parking facility was evaluated for the conditions of its level, control, and expansion joints; joint sealants; towers; surface coatings; floor surfaces; walls; concrete; steel framing; spalling; seal cracks; security and monitoring systems; signage and displays; prepaid and attendant pay parking systems; electrical and mechanical systems; doors; stairwells; elevators; walkways; water hose hookups; and lighting.
The Timothy Haahs/Boyle Team presented its Feasibility Study findings and recommendations to the APA, which now uses the Study as a planning tool, to guide its future capital projects, such as the Hess Spiral Deck renovation and new Community Lot Parking Deck projects.