Assistant Project Manager – CM Agency
May 11th, 2022
Boyle Construction a 45-year-old Lehigh Valley based Construction Manager is seeking to hire an experienced Assistant Project Manager to join their rapidly growing team. Candidates must be reliable and professional with a can-do attitude with a strong work ethic and references along with a professional appearance and demeanor.
This position will focus on projects in the public bid sector working on the Agency Construction Management Team working as the Owner’s agent managing a multiple prime contractor, publicly procured and bid project. Familiarity with construction is a plus and familiarity with the public bidding process is very important.
- Create Procore project set up and files – Manage Directory
- Create AIA Owner Contract – work with VP of Preconstruction Services on drafts and all exhibits. Follow up on Docusign to ensure documents are signed in a timely manner
- Manage Bids and bidding process for the project through the use of Building Connected software
- Create Division 0 and Division 1 (front end) specifications from “boiler plate” specifications specific to the project for bidding process.
- Coordinate specification sections with VP of Preconstruction Services and Project Managers. Specifically Multiple Prime Contract Section
- Help facilitate permit submissions and coordinate with municipalities as needed
- Create AIA Prime Contracts between successful bidder and Owner’s
- Prepare, send and track all change orders – work with VP of Preconstruction and Project Managers on drafts and all exhibits
- Manage all associated paperwork related to all multiple Prime Contractor
- Upload and manage all drawings and specifications on Procore
- Attend weekly/ bi-weekly project meetings
- Manage workflow of each submittal and RFI that Prime contractors upload direct and distribute back to Prime contractors when completed.
- Print Drawings for PM and jobsite superintendents as requested
- Assist with Meeting notes and meeting minutes to occur multiple times per week
- Work with VP of Preconstruction Services and Project Managers to update schedule in Procore/MSP as schedule changes occur and distribute to the entire project team
- Help facilitate monthly project update report thru a custom report with Project Manager
- Help facilitate RFQ responses to CCO’s weekly in Procore. Work with Project Manager on how to create CE, RFQ and CCO in Procore
- Help facilitate monthly invoicing with Prime Contractors and Owner. Work with Project Manager on approvals and track invoices and payments
- Manage Certified payroll reports from all Prime Contractors
- Manage any RACP (or other public funding) grant paperwork as required including attend meetings and setting up proper protocols and tracking of all required documentation
- Request and manage all necessary end of job paperwork and close-out as required per specifications for the Owner – To be set up and tracked in Smartsheet for collaboration
Qualifications and Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Must have extremely strong organizational skills
- Must be highly organized and follow all contract document requirements
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter & punctual
- Construction background and experience in public procured projects is required