Karen started with Boyle Construction in 2010, after working 17 years in planning consulting, marketing, and software sales. She brings a diverse background in land use planning, including assisting municipalities with federal and state grant applications and administration for various redevelopment projects. Her other land use experience includes guiding developers’ project plans through city and agency approval processes, to obtain permitting for housing and commercial developments. Karen also has 10 years of experience with a Fortune 500 software and technology services company, including demonstrating and marketing administrative software nationwide to local governments and K-12 school districts.
At Boyle, Karen assists in overall company business development strategy and customer alignment, and she reaches out to the community on behalf of Boyle Construction. Karen also develops proposals, presentations, and marketing materials.
Karen is a co-owner of CodeMaster Inspection Services, Inc., a regional building code inspection firm that specializes in Uniform Construction Code (UCC) plan review and inspections. CodeMaster has over 25 municipal clients in Lehigh, Northampton, Upper Bucks, and Carbon Counties.
Training and Continuing Education
- BS in Geography, Urban and Regional Planning Option, The Pennsylvania State University
- Demo-To-Win Training
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Federal Grant Application and Administration Training
- Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (PA DCED) Grant Application and Administration Training
- Geographic Information Systems Seminars
Community and Industry Affiliation
- Lehigh Valley Planning Commission, Board Member
- Commercial Real Estate for Women (CREW), Member
- International Facilities Management Association, Member
- Penn State Lehigh Valley Advisory, Past Board Member
- Pennsylvania Planning Association, Past Chapter Secretary
- Girls Club of Allentown, Past Board Member